Over the past few weeks I have been thinking that Obama might just pick Hillary Clinton as VP. I know the media is saying that an Obama-Clinton ticket is unlikely, but still, consider this:
- Who is Bill Clinton going to speak before on Wednesday evening during the Democratic convention? I can’t imagine he would allow himself to be upstaged by anyone but is wife.
- Hillary Clinton has been doing a lot of campaigning for Obama while he is on vacation.
- The news that the Obama campaign does not yet have an office in Arkansas might also suggest that they know that will be no problem once Hillary Clinton is on the ticket.
- Consider too Patti Solis Doyle, a long time Clinton adviser and former campaign manager currently occupies the position of “chief of staff to the vice-presidential candidate.”
- They are going to place Clinton’s name in nomination at the Democratic convention (which is not unusual, but given the close nature of the primary this year, it is not insignificant).
- Bringing Hillary Clinton on board would completely unite and energize the Democratic party.
- It would put Obama in a much stronger position to win Pennsylvania and Ohio, and it would add a degree of experience that conventional wisdom thinks is needed.