A Liberal Arts Education is committed to cultivating habits of thinking and acting capable of responding to the world in ways that open new possibilities for human community. It is oriented in part by what may be called the reading life and the writing life.
- Locate an academic secondary source that presents an interpretation of the assigned section of Plato’s Gorgias. Produce a podcast that summarizes the interpretation.
- Stephanie Marek’s podcast on the Gorgias with Casey Cox.
- Find a picture on the web or take a picture that grows out of your experience reading the Oedipous trilogy.
Post the picture to your blog and write a post that explains how the picture relates to your experience with these texts. Present then a “reading” of the picture.
- Amanda Wise’s reading of her picture of the leaves in its relation to Antigone.
- Be well organized from beginning to end
- Be well written and edited
- Articulate original ideas
- Reflect thoughtfully and critically on the texts
- Samantha Miller’s post on Art in the Education System.